– 2023-2026 –
Low Carbon Investment Fund
04 Low Carbon Investment Fund
As part of the process for assisting SMEs in Newhaven to move towards net zero operation, the NEZ will pilot a new Low Carbon Investment Fund. The Low Carbon Investment Fund is for any company with a base within the BN9 postcode that wishes to pursue business growth by developing low carbon products and/or incorporating low carbon processes or services. This may be achieved through pure research and development (R&D), capital investment or environmental aid support.
This grant is primarily focused on supporting projects that will help the transition to a low carbon economy. This may include, but is not limited to, developing:
- A new product or service, or introducing new technology that will use less energy, produce less waste, reduce emissions and use less raw material in its manufacture than the existing alternative.
- New business models based on the principles of the circular economy, for example, through circular supplies, resource recovery, product life extension, use of sharing platforms or delivery of a ‘product-as-a-service’.
Projects will need to meet the following criteria:
- SME business operating in Newhaven
- Leverage investment (a minimum of 1:1)
- Demonstrate net zero benefits
- Will be delivered within a 12-month period