Posted on 02/08/2019
Newhaven Enterprise Zone Business Engagement Officer (£28,785 - £31,371 per annum)
If you’ve got experience delivering a programme of business-critical events, forging strong relationships with stakeholders and businesses and you have an interest in being part of a team that are helping to recreate a thriving port town through smart investment, creative development and community engagement, please read the full description below.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing team that are helping to re-shape the town of Newhaven through a strategy that responds to the needs of the local community, the opportunities for growing businesses and takes a thematic approach to consider clever design and engagement with the communities that live and work in the town.
Closing date: 16 August 2019
|Post Title:||Newhaven EZ Business Engagement Officer|
|Department:||Regeneration and Planning|
|Grade / salary:||2-year fixed term|
|Reports to:||Programme Director, Newhaven EZ|
|Date prepared:||September 2018|
- To initiate and maintain close working relationships with key sectors and business in Newhaven that supports the delivery objectives of the Newhaven Enterprise Zone (NH EZ). To include, and not limited to resident businesses, inbound businesses looking to locate, commercial agents, developers, land owners and their representatives and business representation groups.
- To develop and deliver a programme of business-critical events and networking opportunities in collaboration with key partners.
- To establish and maintain the programme monitoring process and KPIs, and the outward communication of these.
- To liaise with the Head of Regeneration on behalf of the NH EZ regards contract management for business-critical providers (skills, business support, investment advice).
- To systematically identify target sectors and businesses in Newhaven and establish a working relationship and ongoing dialogue.
- To develop and maintain an understanding of business-critical issues for the local economy and the systematic capture of these.
- To ensure that business critical issues are reflected in the delivery planning process for the NH EZ.
- To respond, as appropriate, to the business needs identified, with collaborative and innovative interventions and solutions.
- To ensure effective communication and promotion of funding/funded opportunities to Newhaven’s key sectors and business.
- To develop and maintain a database of all business and investment related enquiries for Newhaven, in collaboration with key partners (internal and external), and to reflect these in monitoring KPIs.
- To establish and maintain the programme monitoring process and KPI’s, and the outward communication of these.
- To take responsibility for sourcing supply and demand information, through regular business engagement, and gap analysis regards business critical issues.
- To create place-led and/or sector led opportunities that are conducive to business networking and collaboration, that respond to the business-critical issues identified.
- To develop and manage a programme of thematic events and/activities in collaboration with our partners (that assist in the delivery of the EZ Strategic Framework).
- Provide advice on a number of agendas, both internally and externally with customers, partners, other agencies and stakeholders; acting as a champion and promoting the councils’ work and its reputation.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of strategic relationships with key external stakeholders in the public, private and voluntary sectors, to optimise opportunities for delivering services in partnership or via shared service arrangements.
- Liaise closely with the Directorates and Heads of service to shape and implement a range of projects and services that positively promote the advantage of Lewes District council for commercial investment and encourage business to locate or remain within the district or town.
- To represent and promote the councils’ interests at meetings, events and conferences on economic development and regeneration issues within and outside the District.
- To support the EZ Programme Director and Head of Regeneration in investigating opportunities for new financial models to fund developments and initiatives.
- To contribute to thinking and debate on regeneration and local economic development policy and strategy at local, regional and national level.
- To ensure that the council makes the best use of robust economic intelligence to support its investment decisions and to help focus its economic development and regeneration activities.
- To brief senior management and Elected Members on issues relating to regeneration and economic development parties as directed by the EZ Programme Director and the Head of Regeneration.
- To promote equality of opportunity in service delivery in line with strategic commitment and corporate policies.
- To promote a culture that is supportive of the councils’ purpose, aims and values, and to take all reasonable steps to maintain good employee relations.
- Staff are encouraged to participate fully in promoting a safety culture to protect the safety and health of themselves, colleagues and other people affected by the councils’ activities.
- To understand and apply the councils’ Data Protection and Data Quality policy and procedures.
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post.
- You will be required to support Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough councils’ corporate priorities and to ensure business continuity eg. emergency response, elections, deployment to critical services.
- To work within the councils’ Management and Core Competencies Frameworks. Central to the delivery of the role are the values and behaviours set out below. These are shared by all employees and applied to everything we do. The bullet points for each competency are examples of performance required:
Sharing the Vision – Shaping the Future:
- Understands the councils’ purpose, goals, objectives and values, and is willing to behave consistently with them.
- Knows the strategic direction of the council and acts in support of it.
- Provides the right information to the right people, at the right time, via the right method.
- Works positively to gain understanding from others.
Driving Improvement, Performance and Results:
- Takes responsibility and ownership for decisions, actions and results.
- Takes actions to improve skills, knowledge and level of contribution.
- Seeks and delivers high standards for self, team and council.
Self Management – self motivated and professional:
- Is organised and uses time and technology efficiently.
- Adopts a flexible approach to change.
Delivering for our Customers:
- Demonstrates a desire to identify and give priority to meeting the needs of internal and external customers, generating high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Actively contributes to team working, sharing information, valuing the input of others. Works cooperatively and is committed to building productive, positive relationships.
- Demonstrates commitment to achieving overall team objectives.
We look forward to reading your applications.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. Such details will vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility involved.